Emergency Dental Care at Lawrence Park Dental
At Lawrence Park Dental, we make every attempt to provide emergency patients with same day dental appointments as high priorities.
Suggestion to deal with some dental emergencies:
- Nonstop bleeding in the mouth of any kind or swellings particularly under the tongue affecting breathing should result in an immediate visit to your dentist or to the nearest hospital emergency room.
- Broken teeth can be rinsed off with warm water to clean the area, followed by cold compresses on the area to reduce swelling, call your dentist immediately.
- Possibly broken jaw situations can be treated by cold compresses to control swelling followed by an immediate visit to the hospital emergency room or your dentist.
- Knocked out teeth can be grasped by the crown, not the root, rinsed off if soiled, not scrubbed so that any vital tissue is not disturbed and gently replaced back in the tooth socket or if this is not possible, placed in milk. Current scientific literature suggests that the tooth can only survive if placed back in the tooth socket in the jaw within 30 minutes.
- Toothaches should never be treated by crushing up an aspirin or any other medication and placing it against the tooth as this could burn the tissue. The area should be gentle flossed or cleaned with an interdental cleaner and a dentist should be seen as soon as possible.
- Bitten Lips or Tongues can be treated with a cloth and cold compress to reduce swelling and if bleeding will not stop an immediate visit to the nearest hospital or your dentist should be done.